Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2020

Staying Connected in a Time of Social Distancing

While many of us are social distancing ourselves, it doesn't mean we can't meet, it just means we can't do it near to each other.
Back when I lived in a lower class section of the city, this was the norm. People would stand on their porches and yell to each other, often using words I wouldn't (or couldn't) use. I'm not suggesting we do that.
What we can do is use the old school phone and call one another.
Another way that I have been using with a couple of organizations are online meetings. I attend them using my smartphone and computer. In fact, a local Scout Troop will be doing a Court of Honor from one of our newest Eagle Scouts using this technology!
Here are some of the options that are free for at least 40 minutes with unlimited participants:
There are also general text, voice, and video apps
  • What's App
  • Line App
  • Google Duo
  • Marco Polo
  • Skype

Do you have a favorite or two you have used that I haven't listed? Leave a comment!


Enjoy,
-John

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because a few bad actors post bogus, provocative, offending, advertisements, and other inappropriate comments, All Comments are Moderated. We will try to get to your comments as quickly as possible.